The DragonVale Wiki chat is a way for Wiki users to connect with each other in a relaxed, fun, and dynamic environment. These rules are in place to ensure that the chat room maintains a hospitable environment for all Wiki users to enjoy and feel welcome in.
Users should not enforce the Chat Policies unless they are a Wiki Staff member
When you use the chat, you agree NOT to:
- Harass any other members of the wiki.
- Post links with explicit sexual, violent, or otherwise offensive content.
- Impersonate any other person. This includes making multiple accounts.
- Post any personal information about yourself or anyone else.
- Ask for personal information (address, password, etc.) from another user.
- Excessively type in capital letters. It is considered "yelling" in chat, and overuse is regarded as rude.
- Writing one or two words in all capital letters for emphasis is acceptable
- Typing entire sentences and paragraphs is excessive use of capital letters.
- Use "swear words" or vulgar words.
- While we all know that some people will occasionally use "swear words", please, try not to use them as they make some users uncomfortable. If anyone in chat asks you not to use "swear words", please, be respectful of their request.
- Some words may be considered "swear" or vulgar by some, but not by others. It is the discretion of the Chat Moderator or Administrator if a word is being used in an offensive manner.
- Vulgar words will not be tolerated.
- Post an excessive number of emoticons, pictures, emojis, or gifs into chat. Chat is for CHAT.
- Using emoticons, pictures, or emojis in chat more than once per sentence or statement is considered excessive.
- Spam. Anything. At all.
- Post Gem and Friend requests (including in private messages). Please only use the Friends page for that!
- Post or spam external links not relevant to the wiki.
- The exception would be Backflip Studio's Twitter page or DragonVale's Facebook page.
- YouTube links are not allowed.
- Role play in chat.
- Using everyday actions such as shrugging or waving is not role playing.
- It becomes role playing when it becomes fictitious or a different persona is being spoken through.
- Try to enforce the Chat Policies without permission from a Wiki Staff Member to help.
- Failure to heed will result in a temporary chat-ban until the issue is resolved; multiple offenses will result in longer bans from chat
- DragonVale Chat is meant to help people find answers for questions and discuss topics pertaining to DragonVale. While talking about other topics is okay,as long as they adhere to the rules and policies of the wiki, topics not pertaining to DragonVale must be put on hold if DragonVale topics arise. This is includes, but is not limited to, television shows, movies, other video games, and music.
- Users should use common sense and respect each other. If a user wants to be treated well they should treat others well in return.
- The rest of the Wiki Rules and Policies apply within Chat as well.
- The Wikia chat system allows for users to "private message" with each other, which is hard for the Wiki Staff to moderate. The same rules outlined above for Main Chat apply in Private Messaging.
- DragonVale Wiki Staff retain the right to ban a user from chat and/or from editing the Wiki itself (including posting comments) if the user does not conform to the policies outlined above.
- Disciplinary action against breaking or violating the Chat Policies can be viewed on the Chat Moderators page.
If you need to contact Wiki Staff about Chat issues or problems with other users in Chat please go to this page for more information: Contacting DragonVale Wiki Staff
Put on Contacting Staff Page...
Users should use common sense and respect each other. If a user wants to be treated well they should treat other's well in return.
The rest of the [[Wiki Rules and Policies] apply within Chat as well.
More detailed explanation below:
DragonVale Wiki staff expects all users to use common sense and adhere to accepted community standards and societal norms when chatting with others. If there is something that you know will make someone upset, annoyed, or angry do not post it. This also includes users who come online and "troll". DragonVale Wiki staff retain the right to determine what is and is not considered trolling and have final say on the subject. Users will be expected to respect and adhere to the decisions made by DragonVale Wiki staff.
The easiest thing for all users to do is to simply follow the "Golden Rule": treat others how you would like to be treated. If you are in chat and another user makes a reasonable request that you stop engaging in a certain behavior or type of conversation, please be respectful of that user's request. If you have any questions about what is considered acceptable or unacceptable behavior, please contact DragonVale Wiki staff for clarification.
If someone is harassing you, being generally offensive to other users, or is making the chat room a hostile environment in any way, and is not being respectful of your or other users' requests that they stop the offensive actions, please contact DragonVale Wiki staff immediately so that appropriate action can be taken. If possible, create a "screen shot" or "screen capture" of your screen showing the offensive material. If not, please record the offending user's name, the date, the exact time, as well as what was being said or done. This will allow DragonVale Wiki staff to be able to handle the situation in an efficient manner. Please see the "Contacting DragonVale Wiki Staff" section for further contact information.
The Wikia chat system allows for users to enter into "private messaging" with other users in the chat room. By nature of the system, it is difficult for staff to moderate private messages. We ask that all DragonVale Wiki users adhere to the same rules outlined for the chat room when engaging in private messaging.
If you are being harassed by another user via the private messaging system, we advise that you first explicitly tell the other user to stop contacting you. If they continue to contact you after you tell them to stop, DO NOT continue to communicate with this user in any way (including on their Talk Page). If you can, create a "screen shot" or "screen capture" of the offensive private message. If you are unable to do that, then write down the user's name, the date, and the exact time of the unwanted message(s). Contact DragonVale Wiki staff with this information so that the situation can be handled appropriately. Please see the "Contacting DragonVale Wiki Staff" section for further contact information.
Maintaining Personal Safety
While the DragonVale Wiki community is a fun and friendly place, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that persons with unscrupulous intent will not attempt to join us. Please exercise good judgement with what you decide to share with others in chat, even when you think that you "really know someone well" from chatting with them often. Do not share personally identifiable information such as your: real name, address, telephone number, school name, place of employment, etc. This is good personal practice to follow anytime, anywhere on the Internet. We want our community members to remain safe and happily tending to their DragonVale Dragon Parks!
DragonVale Wiki staff retain the right to ban a user from chat and/or from editing the Wiki itself (including posting comments) if the user does not conform to the policies outlined above. The administrative action taken against a user will be commensurate with the severity and extent of the infraction(s).